Support People's Alliance and help build a more just & equitable Durham!
Since 1976, People's Alliance has been a grassroots organizing force that has created significant local policy changes and shaped many of Durham's progressive heroes. Join People's Alliance to be a part of this progressive community and show your commitment to advancing a Durham where all people can live well.
Begin or renew your PA membership today to help ensure Durham becomes more progressive and equitable in the coming years.
Give the gift of a PA membership
Share your passion for social justice by purchasing a People's Alliance individual or household gift membership. Your friend or family member will enjoy a full calendar year of membership. Once the gift membership is purchased, a thank-you card and button will be sent to the recipient in your honor.
How you can support PA:
Become a sustaining member by making a contribution of $5+ each month
Become a member by making a one-time, annual contribution
Benefits of Membership
People’s Alliance has over 40 years of experience promoting progressive and community-focused values in our community. From clean water to a living wage, from affordable housing to public education, PA will continue to be on the front lines fighting for our vision of a Durham for all. PA needs your support to strengthen the progressive base here in Durham so that we can project our values statewide. Our dream is for Durham to be seen as a beacon for justice and equality in the South.
If you share these values and believe in this work, we need your support! Our volunteer-led organization is made up over 1,000 members and relies 100% on member contributions to continue our work. By joining People’s Alliance, you are becoming part of a community of people deeply committed to making Durham a place where all people can thrive.
As a People's Alliance member you will have:
- Voting privileges for key policy and governance issues and positions that People’s Alliance will take, as well as for electing PA Board members and officers.
- The ability to join and engage with PA Action Teams who are working to make Durham a better place to live.
- The opportunity to help decide PA PAC’s candidate endorsements, which significantly influence elections in Durham. (To vote in a PA PAC endorsement meeting, you must have been a PA member for at least 30 days prior to any endorsement vote.)
- Regular occasions to connect and engage with other Durham progressives.
- The PA Newsletter which informs members about what PA members have been doing, progress on issues that we are
- Twice monthly Activist Alert e-mails, which include local activist events, progressive community gatherings, election information and other information of interest to Durham’s progressive community.
Most importantly, your membership supports the continued work of one of the longest serving progressive organizations in North Carolina. We cannot do this work without our members and the time and financial support they give. Thanks for being a part of what makes People’s Alliance great.