Since 1976, People's Alliance has been a grassroots organizing force that has created significant local policy changes and shaped many of Durham's progressive heroes. Our volunteer-led organization is made up over 1,000 members and relies 100% on member contributions to continue our work
Contributions at all levels make a difference in advancing a more just & equitable Durham!
People’s Alliance has sustained as an entirely volunteer-led organization for over 40 years! Today, PA has only one paid staff person. PA’s work is entirely funded by your support, from member dues and contributions. You make it possible to pay our staff person a living wage, sponsor partner organizations and events like the Gay and Lesbian Film Festival, provide childcare at our meetings, and do all of our programmatic work. We can’t do any of this without you.
Please consider making a contribution to ensure that PA continues to grow and advance progressive causes in Durham for years to come. Your gift helps PA:
- $5+ a month can ensure PA is sustainable: Become a monthly sustainer at $5+ a month so more staff & volunteer time can be devoted to PA’s work and not on membership renewals
- $35 can make PA membership accessible to all: Provides an annual membership for one person
- $100 can make PA events accessible to all: provides childcare at two PA events
- $250 can make PA materials accessible to all: provides Spanish language translation services for materials and meetings
- $500 can ensure PA leads with a race equity lens: provides race equity training for 2 PA leaders
- $1,000 can strengthen progressive organizing statewide: supports PA in building a toolkit to help foster similar organizations in other communities
Anything you can give will strengthen PA’s work in advancing a more progressive Durham for everyone!
Make a contribution online today!