Join or renew your People's Alliance membership!
By being a People’s Alliance member, you become part of a community of people deeply committed to making Durham a place where all can thrive. Our volunteer-led organization is made up nearly 2,000 members and relies 100% on member contributions to continue our work. Your membership directly supports our ongoing efforts.
- Individual membership: one-time payment of $35 or more a year
- Household membership: one-time payment of $50 or more a year
- Students & those facing economic hardship: one-time payment of $10 (select ‘other' in the donation form and enter $10 to select this rate)
- You may also pay your membership dues in the form of volunteer hours. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer.
Consider becoming a Monthly Sustainer! Instead of a making one payment each year to renew your membership dues, you can make a recurring contribution of $5 or more a month to become a sustainer. Members who give monthly are critical to PA's sustainability. Your sustained support will help the People’s Alliance be a progressive champion in Durham throughout the year, and all contributions count towards the membership dues listed above. Click here to become a sustainer!
Members of the People’s Alliance receive the following benefits:
- The ability to join your neighbors in one of Durham’s leading progressive organizations.
- Voting privileges at People’s Alliance meetings, including votes on: our public positions on key issues, the long-term direction of the organization, and the election of board members.*
- Complimentary membership in PA PAC, and voting privileges at PA PAC meetings, including candidate endorsement decisions.**
- The satisfaction of knowing that every day the People’s Alliance is championing the progressive issues you care about - all made possible by your on-going support.
*First time members are eligible to vote in People's Alliance meetings 30 days after the member’s initial enrollment. (Example: A new member enrolling on August 15 is eligible to vote on September 15.) Lapsed members are eligible to vote at the time dues are paid.
**First time members are eligible to vote in PA PAC meetings 60 days after the member’s initial enrollment. (Example: A new member enrolling on August 15 is eligible to vote on October 15.) Lapsed members are eligible to vote at the time dues are paid.
To pay by check, make payable to People’s Alliance, P.O. Box 2935, Durham, NC 27715. Questions? Contact us at email@example.com.
The People’s Alliance aligns memberships to the calendar year. Therefore, a member’s term begins on January 1 of the year in which the member enrolls. Members are asked to renew memberships in January of each calendar year.
People’s Alliance is a 501(c)(4) organization. Therefore, any donations to the organization are not tax deductible.