Join Action NC and Durham People’s Alliance as we embark on a powerful discussion about structural racism and the impact it has on women of color in 2017. We will discuss the different types of structural racism, and how the policies and practices of key institutions support and implement racism.
The meeting will have a diverse panel of women who will discuss these barriers and the steps we can take to dismantle them and advocate for change.
- Naomi Randolph – NC Women Advance
- Dr. Michelle Laws – Women’s Advocate
- Tara Romano -- NC Women United
- Marion Johnson -- Policy Advocate, NC Justice Center and People's Alliance Board Vice-President
- Rhesa Versola Asian -- UNC Alumni Committee for Racial and Ethnic Diversity
- Beth Messersmith -- MomsRising
NOTE: THE LOCATION HAS BEEN CHANGED TO HAYTI HERITAGE CENTER.
Sponsors: Action NC, Durham People’s Alliance, NC Women United, NC Black Women’s Round Table, Spirit House, NC Women Advance and NC MomsRising
804 Old Fayetteville St
Durham, NC 27701
Google map and directions