PA COORDINATOR POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT
The Durham People’s Alliance, Durham’s home of progressive community action, is searching for enthusiastic progressive candidates who want to work for social change in the Bull City! The position requires 20+ hours of work per week, with potential to grow. Candidates should have excellent administrative and organizational skills, proven communication abilities and a passion for social justice and progressive political ideas locally, regionally, and state-wide. The duties of the staff position include:
Manage a range of organizational and membership development activities including:
- Coordination of membership renewals and new member recruiting;
- Maintaining the member database and effectively using it to target communications and identify members’ areas of interest;
- Fundraising, including a range of member and community events
- Managing financial integrity, including general bookkeeping, preparing annual budget, and tracking budget progress, and paying bills;
- Working with the Coordinating Committee to set meeting agendas;
- Serve as initial point of contact for members, orient new members to the organization and help connect members who have mutual areas of interest; and
- Help maintain the PA website, work with members to provide content for the website and otherwise identify other means of promoting PA’s mission and work to the broader community.
Communicate effectively with members and the public by:
- Producing hardcopy and e-newsletters and other materials to keep members informed of and engaged in PA activities. ;
- Maintain a consistent and effective presence on PA’s social media sites, such as Facebook and Twitter;
- Ensuring an effective flow of information between members, the community and the Coordinating Committee.
Organize PA’s members and Durham’s broader community on priority progressive issues by:
- Building and maintaining relationships with community partners and allies;
- Helping to organize and implement a variety of community outreach events;
- Motivating and coordinate member volunteers to act in support of PA priorities.
In your cover letter or resume please describe:
- Experience in the performing the duties listed above
- Experience or interest in progressive organizing
- Experience in basic computer skills: word processing; databases; Publisher; spreadsheets.
- Experience as an organizer, including experience using social media to organize
People’s Alliance is looking for a multi-year commitment. Salary and benefit information is available upon request. The PA bylaws, mission statement and other information about the organization are available at www.durhampa.org. Please send a resume including references, a writing sample and a cover letter that includes a discussion of the issue about which you are most passionate. Send to Kate Fellman at email@example.com.
Application deadline: July 5, 2013
Do you like this post?