The Economic Justice team has spent the last few months developing longer-term visions and work plans for each of the team’s new committees: 1) workforce, 2) economic development, and 3) green jobs. Join team members this month at our monthly meeting as we begin discussing how to translate our longer term vision statements into a 1-year work plan for 2021. Issues likely to be discussed include:
- assessing career trajectories of Durham Tech grads,
- creating jobs as part of redevelopments funded by the affordable housing bond,
- living wages for classified DPS staff,
- additional accountability for economic development incentives payments,
- advocating for more details in the city’s Built2Last economic development plan,
- adoption of just/green job creation message in all public discourse about jobs, and
- building out the workforce component of a plan for a Green New Deal in Durham.
NOTE: In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the People’s Alliance has moved all work, meetings, and events to virtual spaces.
*You will need a separate password to enter the Zoom meeting.* Current team members will receive the password via the team listserv. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to join the team list and this meeting.
Join Zoom Meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87977206624
Dial by your location: 929 205 6099
Meeting ID: 879 7720 6624
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kjccOooVm