Community and Civic Service
Many People’s Alliance members have gone on to serve as elected officials including:
- Diane Catotti (Durham City Council)
- Steve Schewel (Durham School Board)
- Lorisa Seibel (Durham City Council)
- Frank Hyman (City Council)
- Lanier Fonvielle/Blum (City Council)
- Paul Luebke (State House of Representatives)
- Mike Woodard (Durham City Council)
- Wib Gulley (Durham Mayor and State Senate).
Many others have served as leaders of neighborhood associations and as appointed members of City or County task forces and committees. In addition, PA sponsors various community service activities ranging from creek clean ups to voter registration drives.